Making custom weapons

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

I recently started to make custom weapons for the server and I will be posting them here for feedback.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any remarks. In case you have some ideas or urgent requests you can post it here. I will also be available to make custom buildings and placeables. Everything must be in accordance with, and approved by the dev team of course.
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

Here my first additions. Two versions of a new scythe, one with a filter color for the devs to set and one with a preset custom texture:



Image

Image

Image
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Knightmare »

I love it, man. Finally a scythe model which looks cool. Thumbs up!
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

Pretty good stuff. If you make me a whip you'll have a DM in your pocket! :lol:
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
scriver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by scriver »

I'm not a scythe guy, but it looks good. Are you making the whole models yourself?

Any, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work.
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

DM Galadriel wrote:Pretty good stuff. If you make me a whip you'll have a DM in your pocket! :lol:
I believe that weapon types that require animations in the weapon itself, such as whip's and flails etc. are not possible in the engine. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will look into it though.
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

scriver wrote:I'm not a scythe guy, but it looks good. Are you making the whole models yourself?

Any, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work.
I used the standard Scythe model as a basis for this one. Textures are a mix of customs and toolset, because of size/performance concerns.

I am working on a heavy crossbow from scratch now.
sobebop
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by sobebop »

Aesir wrote:I am working on a heavy crossbow from scratch now.
:shock: :) :D :mrgreen:
Azmodeth wrote:we have insane amounts of dm love
Gustov Windsong - Known windsoul master crossbow sniper, and wizard of some power - Bio
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Luna »

We have already merged up Aesirs scythes to the app changer.
So they will show up in the next update. 8-)
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Knightmare »

Roll out the priests of Myrkul.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

So here is the heavy crossbow I mentioned before:



Image

Image

Image

Image


I think I'll be working on variations of it.
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

:shock: .WOW. :shock:
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
Hope
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Hope »

Very impressive work!
Catherine Chant - Healer of Ilmater - Returned from her pilgrimage.
Alex Adriale - Paladin of Torm. Who knows where she is.
Lilia deVelose - Merchant from Amn - Cold for all eternity.
Aia Nar'Thil - Frozen Dharashan - At peace in the Misty Forest
Grey - Gone off on her own adventure
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Knightmare »

Also consider the Khopesh for the exotic weaponry ;)

Image
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

Knightmare wrote:Also consider the Khopesh for the exotic weaponry ;)

For what weapon type? Long sword?

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”