I have a question.
I asked several DMs in game and no one could tell me if it is exploit currently wearing light armor or there was a fix that prevented this bug with monk AC not disappearing on equipping light armor. Is there a fix done or staff changed decision about it?
Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Rainbow Prism
- Posts: 400
- Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 am
Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not?
When someone calls you elitist, he automatically admits that your RP is superior to his.
-
Gottmoerder
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
When I was a DM it was clearly ruled as an exploit but I never encountered a cleric to enforce the ruling onto.
I'm not sure what the current staff lining on the subject is, but I doubt it has changed.
I'm not sure what the current staff lining on the subject is, but I doubt it has changed.
In realms of Mordayn Vapor.. Rollin' DC 16's.. Groovy.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
I guess it must be an exploit.
It landed on the QC plate now as of a few days ago.
It landed on the QC plate now as of a few days ago.
-
Simian
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
- Location: On a Journey to the West
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
I'm not sure if you can fix the mechanics themselves... but would it be possible to inject a script that would cause a penalty in AC, equal to the character's Wisdom modifier if both a Sacred Fist and a Monk, with armor donned on?
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
It is considered an exploit. If you stack AC using any exploit, and are caught doing it, you will almost definitely lose some levels. Depending on the circumstances and the level of exploitation, you may even be permanently banned from the server.
Basically: It's best not to do this if you want to stay off our offenders's registry, or risk being banned.
Basically: It's best not to do this if you want to stay off our offenders's registry, or risk being banned.
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
Aeb Ankor
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 am
- Location: Idaho, USA
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
How was this handled in pen&paper 3.5 in the Complete Divine handbook?Montaron Alagondar wrote:I'm not sure if you can fix the mechanics themselves... but would it be possible to inject a script that would cause a penalty in AC, equal to the character's Wisdom modifier if both a Sacred Fist and a Monk, with armor donned on?
On the web there are several variants of Sacred Fist Classes
"It is a good bet that I like your character, more than I like you... keep it IC and close to lore and we might stay friends."
"I hate snowflakes and butterflies, die die die!'
#OrcLivesMatter
"I hate snowflakes and butterflies, die die die!'
#OrcLivesMatter
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not
I've submitted a bug fix for this. It should be fixed by the game mechanics automatically. Won't require any Dungeon Master attention when it goes live. 