Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Rainbow Prism
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 am

Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not?

Unread post by Rainbow Prism »

I have a question.

I asked several DMs in game and no one could tell me if it is exploit currently wearing light armor or there was a fix that prevented this bug with monk AC not disappearing on equipping light armor. Is there a fix done or staff changed decision about it?
When someone calls you elitist, he automatically admits that your RP is superior to his.
User avatar
Gottmoerder
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 am
Location: Finland

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Gottmoerder »

When I was a DM it was clearly ruled as an exploit but I never encountered a cleric to enforce the ruling onto.

I'm not sure what the current staff lining on the subject is, but I doubt it has changed.
In realms of Mordayn Vapor.. Rollin' DC 16's.. Groovy.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Luna »

I guess it must be an exploit.
It landed on the QC plate now as of a few days ago.
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Simian »

I'm not sure if you can fix the mechanics themselves... but would it be possible to inject a script that would cause a penalty in AC, equal to the character's Wisdom modifier if both a Sacred Fist and a Monk, with armor donned on?
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Maecius »

It is considered an exploit. If you stack AC using any exploit, and are caught doing it, you will almost definitely lose some levels. Depending on the circumstances and the level of exploitation, you may even be permanently banned from the server.

Basically: It's best not to do this if you want to stay off our offenders's registry, or risk being banned.
Aeb Ankor
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Aeb Ankor »

Montaron Alagondar wrote:I'm not sure if you can fix the mechanics themselves... but would it be possible to inject a script that would cause a penalty in AC, equal to the character's Wisdom modifier if both a Sacred Fist and a Monk, with armor donned on?
How was this handled in pen&paper 3.5 in the Complete Divine handbook?

On the web there are several variants of Sacred Fist Classes
"It is a good bet that I like your character, more than I like you... keep it IC and close to lore and we might stay friends."

"I hate snowflakes and butterflies, die die die!'


#OrcLivesMatter
User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: Sacred Fist/Monk and Light armor... Still exploit or not

Unread post by Rasael »

I've submitted a bug fix for this. It should be fixed by the game mechanics automatically. Won't require any Dungeon Master attention when it goes live. :)

Return to “Questions for DMs”