Enable belt with dress?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Nomster »

I was looking into wardrobe stuff because there's too few normal looking stuff that my sorcy would wear. Texturing seemed to fry my braincells just looking at the how-to so I decided to check out how colour changes etc were done. I've managed to save this dress and loaded it up in a module but I can't get the belt to appear. Doesn't it work by default for this particular dress or have I missed something? I was able to change the gloves which works in a similar matter.

Screenie from the Toolset:

Image

Are there things to keep in mind when doing wardrobe items? I think I saw a rant about blueprints but I can't remember the specifics :P


The other day I played around in the Toolset just to see how it worked. For your amusement, 3 hours reading a tutorial and clicking random stuff produced this. It seems to be really patient and nitpicky work. I spent half an hour trying to rotate a tree and found out by a Google search that they couldn't be rotated :lol:
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Solarina
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 pm
Location: Under your bed and In Your head

Re: Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Solarina »

hehe yea i tried tinkering with that thing myself.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Duster47 »

Regarding belts appearances applied to an armor (clothing), you must first un-equip an actual belt item from your character. Then equip the armor (clothing). Last, re-equip the belt item. Then the utility belt appearance in your screenshot should appear on your character.

Yeah, the Toolset is rather daunting.

A note about my own preferences* w.r.t. armor (clothing) appearances:
- change "glove" to bare hands (naked, 0)
- no helmet
- no cloak
- simple boots, no boots is better
- belts, yes!

If you want any of the "no" items above for your armor, then create a separate instance of it as seperately equipable item.



* For the record, I changed dozens of appearances in the AppChanger not conforming to this standard.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Nomster »

Ah yes, I got it to work now, thanks :D

I found an easier texture tutorial and fiddled around in Photoshop. I have the messiest template ever for this dress :P! I've no clue how to make bump maps/'normal map' with shine/depth whatever its called that gives the texture life. Seriously, how do people do that, I tried editing that file and it was a disaster. I also don't know how to have it in game without overriding the original. :roll:

Image
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Duster47 »

Getting it IG is complicated. Look up "cloning *mdb files". Or if you get something you believe is worthy, you can PM me the files.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Enable belt with dress?

Unread post by Nomster »

Worthy..? :lol: Dunno about that!

I would've thought for a game where so much custom content is made there would be tons of tutorials with step by step.. wishful thinking!
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”