Toolset issues?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
dak12attack
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Toolset issues?

Unread post by dak12attack »

Hey guys, I wanna make some custom armors in the toolset, however, when I run the toolset, it crashes. I've searched all over the interwebs, and tried every solution. I downloaded Direct X, Microsoft .NET, etc. It still doesn't work.. :/ Can someone please help me?


Thanks!

Dakota.
Eberc Smitherman III - Eccentric, Eclectic Techsmith & Theurge, Boy-Wonder of the Wonderbringer, Man in the Yellow Hat
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Toolset issues?

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Not sure exactly never had that exact problem, but your better off asking here http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/165/index

Unless one of the other devs here can help. All I can say is make sure you're game is fully patched to 1.23 *shrugs* otherwise ask in the above forum.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Eclypticon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Toolset issues?

Unread post by Eclypticon »

Better post all your technical details. If you are running windows 7, then you want to get the correct direct X redistributable.
DM Nilbog
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Toolset issues?

Unread post by DM Nilbog »

I had the same issues just started crashing all of the sudden. I tried new settings and everything the only thing that seemed to work which I still find very odd was removing the content of my override folder...It's worth a shot I guess worked for me.
User avatar
Stonebar
Retired Staff
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 am

Re: Toolset issues?

Unread post by Stonebar »

Good idea Nilbog, I know of others as well that after removing something in the override folder fixed the problem. I agree it's odd that mutable people would have the same problem.

Loosely related is that I've found if you switch back and forth from running the toolset in Admen mode and normal mode from day to day it can bug module areas some what. At least I discovered recently on my computer. Might be a windows 8 thing. Some times it's only bugged in one of the two modes. I'm not sure if that might crash the toolset. I've also had this on Rome total war as well where it only showed games saved in the mode you used at the time, scared me at first when I saw no saved games lol.
Revenark Stonehold Kingswarden of Stonebar. Despite the weight of his vows he will never allow himself to fail his responsibility to family regardless of personal cost[/strike]

Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”