Confrontation Question

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Confrontation Question

Unread post by Cubicle »

In a possible pvp situation, is it legal to cast a non-offensive healing spell on a character you're having "complications" with prior to activating hostility? I ask because you can't use them before going hostile. *Shifty eyes*
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Confrontation Question

Unread post by Maecius »

Can you clarify your meaning? Or PM the DMs with the exact scenario you are thinking of for a hard ruling?

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question, and I do not want to answer it until I do!
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Confrontation Question

Unread post by Passiflora »

Are you thinking about that healing cocoon spell that glue someone to the ground?

If you intend to do something like this, you must give a pvp out, as it'd be considered as a hostile action if your plan is to attack afterward.
Go home and be a familly cat!
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Confrontation Question

Unread post by breteas »

Are you thinking about that healing cocoon spell that glue someone to the ground?
That spell won't work on others, unless they're in party. ;)
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Confrontation Question

Unread post by Cubicle »

The Healing Cocoon spell? Huh, wha? ...Okay okay, you got me Passiflora. :twisted:

If I'm able to use it following their pvp out, then I should be able to use it on an assailant who's threatening me prior to going hostile, right?
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Confrontation Question

Unread post by breteas »

If I'm able to use it following their pvp out, then I should be able to use it on an assailant who's threatening me prior to going hostile, right?
Nope, read here Cubicle: ;)
Rejuvenation Cocoon
(Complete Divine)

Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Druid 5,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Willing creature touched
Duration: 2 rounds
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-divi ... coon--658/

Return to “Questions for DMs”