Confrontation Question
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Cubicle
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am
Confrontation Question
In a possible pvp situation, is it legal to cast a non-offensive healing spell on a character you're having "complications" with prior to activating hostility? I ask because you can't use them before going hostile. *Shifty eyes*
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Confrontation Question
Can you clarify your meaning? Or PM the DMs with the exact scenario you are thinking of for a hard ruling?
I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question, and I do not want to answer it until I do!
I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question, and I do not want to answer it until I do!
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
Re: Confrontation Question
Are you thinking about that healing cocoon spell that glue someone to the ground?
If you intend to do something like this, you must give a pvp out, as it'd be considered as a hostile action if your plan is to attack afterward.
If you intend to do something like this, you must give a pvp out, as it'd be considered as a hostile action if your plan is to attack afterward.
Go home and be a familly cat!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Confrontation Question
That spell won't work on others, unless they're in party.Are you thinking about that healing cocoon spell that glue someone to the ground?
-
Cubicle
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am
Re: Confrontation Question
The Healing Cocoon spell? Huh, wha? ...Okay okay, you got me Passiflora.
If I'm able to use it following their pvp out, then I should be able to use it on an assailant who's threatening me prior to going hostile, right?
If I'm able to use it following their pvp out, then I should be able to use it on an assailant who's threatening me prior to going hostile, right?
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Confrontation Question
Nope, read here Cubicle:If I'm able to use it following their pvp out, then I should be able to use it on an assailant who's threatening me prior to going hostile, right?
http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-divi ... coon--658/Rejuvenation Cocoon
(Complete Divine)
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Druid 5,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Willing creature touched
Duration: 2 rounds
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)