Ched Nasad

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Rasael »

In terms of elevation I don't think so - NWN2 is decidedly one leveled. I can look at making the buildings stand out more on higher sub platforms if that's what you ment.

I am looking for ways to spice it up, but on account of exams and university work I haven't had much time to dote.
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

Melisende wrote:Would it be possible to utilize raised platforms (for buildings) and walkways (for transportation) on spider(like) legs supported by a foundation of solidified webbing?
I played around with the below area that could be inspiration for such a project. Walk mesh is nightmare-ish tho.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=488
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

If you wanted Ras, I could make you some custom walk mesh helpers for the area. Could work with your area to make something work I'm sure.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Azmodeth
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
Location: Montreal

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Azmodeth »

Is this where the additional UD highways could be coming in? ;) Could be cool to use Durlags for Sshamath and another separate pathway that took you close to Ched Nasad city.
that would be sweet.

but I say a few more underdark area's are needed IMO, no matter what.
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
Servin
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Servin »

Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Whispers of Winter
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Whispers of Winter »

Dunno if it's possible or if so, what sort of lag it would create. But why not use the 'web' spell as a ground effect permanently in place? Could even make a custom mesh that is low in pixels to resemble this and add it to the ground textures for the game. v0v
"Oh by the will of Talos! Will you ask the woman for a drink before I stab you in the chest!"
User avatar
Lambert
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Lambert »

Wow that would be amazing if the got it to work. Ched Nasad is quite a city. Hats off if you can pull it off. I'm guessing you might be able to make 2 or 3 levels max per area, but would have to transition down for deeper levels.

Lam
12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
ctothep
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by ctothep »

just out of curiosity

what happened to this?
Characters:

Zaraun - Vhaeraunite Deathsinger, School of Illusions and Phantasm

Retired Characters:

Iston - Lost within the void ... (deceased)
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Ched Nasad

Unread post by Cubicle »

Ched Nasad is buried in the sands of time, just like this thread used to be. :?

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”