I am playing a spirit shaman with blood magic, but it doesn't increase my owl's insight bonus. Since it says the caster level should be increased by 4, which would give me an extra +2 wisdom from owl's insight, but I don't get the bonus.
Also does blood magic help defend against dispel magic since it says the caster level is increased?
Thanks,
Ayo Nightwalker (spirit shaman)
Ormis (spirit shaman)
Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
nightingale
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
-
Deathgrowl
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 6603
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
- Location: VIKING NORWAY!
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
The cap for bonus stats is 12 (I think). That means that if you have 24 CL, you're already capped for the owl's insight bonus.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
-
nightingale
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
thanks but I am only lvl 15 so it couldn't be that.... But it makes me wonder if there are other idiosyncracies about the feat... for example I suddenly (right after leveling up and buying blood magic) am getting spell failure even though I'm casting divine spells (I am unarmored too) and it happens even when blood magic is deactivated...
But mostly I bought it to help defend against dispel...
But mostly I bought it to help defend against dispel...
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
-
nightingale
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
I'm bummed! The character is unplayable with the spell failure... Any help from a DM would be great.
Thanks,
Ayo Nightwalker
Thanks,
Ayo Nightwalker
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
-
nightingale
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
maybe I'll just take a rebuild and not take blood magic?
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
-
nightingale
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
I got this resolved with a DM who let me lose the Blood Magic feat. Thank you!
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
Karala retired
Mara'tril
"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight
Thank you for this bug report, I'll try to take a look at this feat soon 