Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

nightingale
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by nightingale »

I am playing a spirit shaman with blood magic, but it doesn't increase my owl's insight bonus. Since it says the caster level should be increased by 4, which would give me an extra +2 wisdom from owl's insight, but I don't get the bonus.

Also does blood magic help defend against dispel magic since it says the caster level is increased?

Thanks,
Ayo Nightwalker (spirit shaman)
Ormis (spirit shaman)
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril


"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
User avatar
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor
Posts: 6603
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: VIKING NORWAY!

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

The cap for bonus stats is 12 (I think). That means that if you have 24 CL, you're already capped for the owl's insight bonus.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
nightingale
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by nightingale »

thanks but I am only lvl 15 so it couldn't be that.... But it makes me wonder if there are other idiosyncracies about the feat... for example I suddenly (right after leveling up and buying blood magic) am getting spell failure even though I'm casting divine spells (I am unarmored too) and it happens even when blood magic is deactivated...

But mostly I bought it to help defend against dispel...
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril


"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
nightingale
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by nightingale »

I'm bummed! The character is unplayable with the spell failure... Any help from a DM would be great.

Thanks,
Ayo Nightwalker
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril


"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
nightingale
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by nightingale »

maybe I'll just take a rebuild and not take blood magic?
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril


"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
nightingale
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by nightingale »

I got this resolved with a DM who let me lose the Blood Magic feat. Thank you!
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril


"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang
User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: Blood magic doesn't effect owl's insight

Unread post by Rasael »

Thank you for this bug report, I'll try to take a look at this feat soon :geek:

Return to “Questions for DMs”