Morninglord Robe Feedback

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

I'm not getting the "its not lore correct because its only mentioned in one sentence" stuff. Also, pink is not a girl colour as much as blue isn't a colour for only boys. As for it being gay, scriver already gave a good answer. Put aside the modern day prejudices on colours and take on a different view appropriate for the RP world. I don't want to have a whole discussion for this, in my opinion its lore appropriate.

Unfortunatly the way this robe is set up a combination of red, pink and yellow just doesn't look good. If there's one colour that lore wise shouldn't be on the robe its white. White is a colour of very high rank (overall in the realm, as much as I've read). But since there's several white garbs in the appearance changer already I can overlook that.
Priestly Vestments: Priests of Lathander dress in bright long-sleeved robes of yellow, red, and pink. These are often called "sun robes." Those priests with their own temples have their robes trimmed with ornately crafted gold ribbons. A sunburst headpiece, worn toward the back of the head to emulate a rising sun or radiant sunpeacock, completes the ceremonial garb.
I read this to be the standard garments, especially in the cities where Lathander temples are very rich and it shows - the temples are big and their garments are costly.
The ritual robes used at many rural shrines are simple cassocks with a color scheme by rank. Novices and postulants wear brown; adepts and underpriests wear russet and crimson. Senior priests wear scarlet, and subpriors and those of higher rank wear rose-red. The leader of the temple or shrine wears white.
Keyword here being rural temples. A rural temple would differ a lot from a city temple. They don't go over the top and stick with one coloured robes.
Adventuring Garb: Adventuring clerics usually wear more utilitarian garb, but prefer reds and yellows, to the point of tinting their armor those shades. Most priests of Lathander favor chain mail, and often the only obvious mark of Lathander they bear is a rose-red circle on their shields and helm brows.
And adventuring cleric wears armor, this has nothing to do with their robe colour.


gjallahorn wrote:Looks great :D

*ponders* is it possible to..make something with the robe-look from belt down...and breastplate look from belt up?..would be a pretty awesome cleric-suit.
Nu-uh! I'm so not touching a 3d-model! Someone else here could perhaps, there was a thread where this was brought up but no one volunteered.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by LISA100595 »

How about a Pink, like you have it, AND a crimson or dark red with the sun rise on the bottom? Choice of two different colors for those that wouldn't wear pink?
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Knightmare »

The "pink" used is almost purple anyways, so no reason to make a big deal out of it; purple-ish to extend where is almost looks regal. Buttom line is that it looks great.

Those insecure about their sexuality can just choose not to wear it ;)
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by LISA100595 »

+1
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

:lol: Weeell it was the purple-tone look I didn't really like. This is the look I wanted, a bit softer to the eyes :)

Image


I didn't think dark red turned out nice. Is the red/crimson in the earlier picture alright?

Who do I submit the files to by the way...?
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

Knightmare wrote:The "pink" used is almost purple anyways, so no reason to make a big deal out of it; purple-ish to extend where is almost looks regal. Buttom line is that it looks great.

Those insecure about their sexuality can just choose not to wear it ;)
Alrighty then - i wanna see Artemis in this:

Image
nomster wrote:I'm not getting the "its not lore correct because its only mentioned in one sentence" stuff. Also, pink is not a girl colour as much as blue isn't a colour for only boys. As for it being gay, scriver already gave a good answer. Put aside the modern day prejudices on colours and take on a different view appropriate for the RP world. I don't want to have a whole discussion for this, in my opinion its lore appropriate.
let me reassure you i have nothing against homosexuals or their tastes i just used the word fabulous in a sarcastic intention.
I simply find bright colors that are far from the base colors or not metallic as dominant colors to be phyiscally nausateing. (aqua has the same effect)

It's your design - do whatever you want with it just realize screaming prejudice the moment someone doesn't take kindly to that color is simply the other side of the coin of intolerance.


In regards to the lore: given that the only temple in the module is in beregost a fairly hickish local i would say the rural color scheme would be prefered.
As the more exotic the color -the more expensive the dye.


Alternative shades of pink and purple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantium_(color)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_( ... k_lavender
scriver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by scriver »

Knightmare wrote:Buttom line
LISA100595 wrote:+1
I always suspected you were a butt kind of girl, LISA ;)
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Duster47 »

Knightmare wrote:The "pink" used is almost purple anyways, so no reason to make a big deal out of it; purple-ish to extend where is almost looks regal. Buttom line is that it looks great.

Those insecure about their sexuality can just choose not to wear it ;)
Yes. A mauve-ish color reminisent of rising sun on clouds on the distant horizon. Very appropriate in my opinion for a Morninglord.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

Elthan wrote:In regards to the lore: given that the only temple in the module is in beregost a fairly hickish local i would say the rural color scheme would be prefered.
As the more exotic the color -the more expensive the dye.
Well yeah.. its difficult to make towns IG that reflect their size in lore. The temple in Beregost is actually a major temple with over 200 clergy and laymen, so its very far from being rural. To compare, the temple in Waterdeep has more than 300 clerics. I'm not saying 200 or 300 as the sources always add 'more' in front rather than being precise.

Sorry for making assumptions regarding the different opinions of the colour. I still don't agree. I personally really dislike blue (I get twitchy when I have to own something blue) and love purple, I think opinions vary with every person when it comes to what colours you like and dislike.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Atlas
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm

-

Unread post by Atlas »

-
Last edited by Atlas on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
ragnarok1983
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: [troll/bot]

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by ragnarok1983 »

Props for original content!

I am no morning lord... heck, I wake up at the crack of noon... but I just wanted to commend you on the efforts. They look great!
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington The Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
User avatar
Planehopper
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Planehopper »

I dont think I've ever seen these in-game, did they make it in?
Alezka Silverstone
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Alezka Silverstone »

yes, mi think ive seen them in some temple..
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by tfunke »

I always thought it was silly that those robes couldn't be tinted.
Very nicely done!
Per aspera ad astra
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

Oh er... I wanted to do some final adjustments but never came around to it :lol:

The feedback was a bit mixed so I was uncertain as well. :?
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”