Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by ohboy007 »

I would like to see two models of the cloak built. I don't know if it would be possible or if anyone would care enough to devote that much time to it. Here are the following suggestions:

1. The warriors have the cloak appearance for a shield, bow, and sword but it would be nice to also have a model with just the sword. No bow, no shield, just a scabbard for a great sword

2. Two crisscrossed scabbards for short swords on the back via the cloak.
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
User avatar
Blame The Rogue
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

just quiver please as well

the model already exists 8-)
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
User avatar
Hoihe
Posts: 4719
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Hoihe »

Blame The Rogue wrote:just quiver please as well

the model already exists 8-)

>prop quiver

you've got yourself a quiver!

Also, quiver is a belt appearance, not a cloak... though I'm sure people could put it there as well.

As per belt, I mean it's part of armour.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
User avatar
Stonebar
Retired Staff
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 am

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Stonebar »

Can the cloak with the Kraak Helzak type symbol on it be removed from the list, so it can be by request only? I've heard some other Dwarves bring it up, but I'm not sure if it has on the forums.

- A great one: A plain bandoleer like leather strap on the back.
This is good for those who don't want a cloak, and/or can't find another option.

- Two axes!!!

- Just a shield. Might be easier if a model crafter could just remove the bow and sword from the existing one? Though I have 0 knowledge in working on models.

- For fun, a Hobo's nap sack :)
Revenark Stonehold Kingswarden of Stonebar. Despite the weight of his vows he will never allow himself to fail his responsibility to family regardless of personal cost[/strike]

Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar
User avatar
Blame The Rogue
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

ya, bugsidian put it in as belt appearance on armor, but yes, I think we have some smart folks around here, and someone can copy the model to cloak hopefully

quiver cloak appearance!! 8-)
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Nomster »

You can use the appearance of a 'no cloak' in the appearance changer (yes there is one) and then use the quiver in the PC Tools. :)
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
User avatar
Blame The Rogue
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

it's my understanding you can lose cloaks that way

and i'd rather have cloak look like a quiver than have to tinker with pc tools every time in log on ;)
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Nomster »

How can you loose cloaks while using the PC tools..?

Its the Appearance Changer you have to worry about, and then the DMs always reimburse you if you have a screenshot.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
User avatar
Akroma666
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: California

Re: Builders challenge! New models for cloaks

Unread post by Akroma666 »

Hoihe wrote:
Blame The Rogue wrote:just quiver please as well

the model already exists 8-)

>prop quiver

you've got yourself a quiver!

Also, quiver is a belt appearance, not a cloak... though I'm sure people could put it there as well.

As per belt, I mean it's part of armour.
Where are you finding all these commands? Second time I've seen you mention them.
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”