Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by LISA100595 »

I like it! Nicely done. Only thing i'd check on is that the lighting isn't too bright and the carpet thickness .. that your feet don't sink into it when walking on them.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by Duster47 »

It is looking better. It may be too large for my tastes, but I prefer compact areas anyway. If you do shrink it, make the columns thinner. They take up a lot of floor space. Use fewer fountain things too. More than two for symetry is probably redundant. Remember, using repetition to fill a large area should be thematically appropriate, such as rows-and-rows of bookshelves in a library. It seems bright as Lisa mentioned. Turn off "Area Light" in the area properties list (right panel) and use placed torches and lighting to get the appropriate light effects.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
narcaleptic
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by narcaleptic »

I think it looks to bright because I play with 0 shadows on because of lag, so everything appears kinda one solid brightness. I'll take some more pics after work today with my shadows all on high so the streaks of light between the pillars and such can be visable. Sorry about that I forgot to turn it on when taking the shots. I'll also take a closer look at the carpet to make sure the feet don't sink in to much. My only real issue left after that is fixed would be the conversation script so that she will raise adventures, never used the script before so could use some help on adding that in if someone is willing to do it for me.
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by Duster47 »

narcaleptic wrote:<snip>
My only real issue left after that is fixed would be the conversation script so that she will raise adventures, never used the script before so could use some help on adding that in if someone is willing to do it for me.
Us Staff builders will take care of this part with the NPC.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
narcaleptic
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by narcaleptic »

Ok I cut the lighting in half and better centered it on the lanterns, reduced the thickness of the carpet should be just fine. Also took another look at the walkmesh and made sure everything was cut correctly, Added in a better looking chandler and I believe it is now ready for the next stages of progression towards implementation. It has been a while since I have uploaded anything and I cant remember what the best source to use is, so whoever is going to do the conversation scripting please let me know where I should upload it to and i'll send you a link to download the area.

Looks like the majority likes the temple, I thank everyone for there input via this post or through private messages and I hope it brings you joy after a annoying talk with myrkul :)
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by Duster47 »

I use Dropbox myself for sharing files. Zip the module first for quicker transfer. QC can look at it and we'll go from there.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by 7threalm »

you can use http://www.gamefront.com as well make sure you wizip or winrar it
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
narcaleptic
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by narcaleptic »

I have it finished just need to send it in Chambordini, I'll get around to it sometime within this coming week. I have been really busy, why I haven't been in game in over a week and half.
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.
narcaleptic
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by narcaleptic »

Hey everyone, I have the temple ready to go but I have one minor problem.... I have a spot in the middle of the temple that cannot be walked on... there is no objects there blocking movement, in the toolset the bake grind says its walkable but when i load into module to test it I cannot walk on that one specific area... no idea anyone know why a area would be like that? first time for me.
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by 7threalm »

u miss a placeable? you can set it to environmental and cut the walk meshes around it, sometimes the placeables act funky, look at the wiremesh of the baked area sometimes they connect to werid points
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
narcaleptic
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by narcaleptic »

Thanks 7threalm, i'll look and see if that is the issue.
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by 7threalm »

and remember to turn off bake when you bake again,
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Fai temple of Garl Glittergold!

Unread post by Luna »

See if this helps.
1) Use the mouse to highlight over the non walkable area (left click and make a box over the area) and see if anything invisible gets highlighted.
2) Set the writeframe view and see if anything is under the floor causing a problem. Like something accidentally got placed under the floor.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”