Hello,
I have a character named: Bael of Ruathym.
I have read the name rules and as I understand it, this name is not breaking the naming rules.
I understand that titles are not allowed... eg: joe the thief.
However Bael of Ruathym is like joe of Beregost...
It is not a title... it is a place that he is from...
Please can you clarify this? Am I allowed to use this name?
Character name
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
Re: Character name
Such a name would be considered a description, as it describes where the man is from.
[quote"Rules"]And finally, please use a name rather than a description (like "Big Man" or "Larry the Wizard") for your character.[/quote]
It is slightly on the edge, though, but it's still a description. I suggest naming yourself Bael, and when roleplaying, nothing prevents you to say "I am Bael of Ruathym."
[quote"Rules"]And finally, please use a name rather than a description (like "Big Man" or "Larry the Wizard") for your character.[/quote]
It is slightly on the edge, though, but it's still a description. I suggest naming yourself Bael, and when roleplaying, nothing prevents you to say "I am Bael of Ruathym."
Go home and be a familly cat!
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Character name
Do like we do for the Greyfox Tribe of barbarians. <Firstsname> Greyfox, for the "name tag". But IC introductions will be "<Firstname>, <title> of the Greyfox Tribe" (more or less). Where <title> is can be Warrior, Skald, etc. as appropriate.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
Sartain
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 pm
Re: Character name
For what it's worth, I think it's a great name. I hope you get to keep it 
-
SeraphimShade
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:31 am
Re: Character name
Or you could do add a prefix which implies 'of' or from like Hernando >De< Soto , means Hernando of Soto just use it as a last name.
Gabriel Stryder - Former Paladin
LORD! punish me no more with your anger; in your wrath do not chastise me!
Your arrows have sunk deep in me;
your hand has come down upon me.
My flesh is afflicted because of your anger;
my frame aches because of my sin,
a burden beyond my strength.
-Psalm 38
LORD! punish me no more with your anger; in your wrath do not chastise me!
Your arrows have sunk deep in me;
your hand has come down upon me.
My flesh is afflicted because of your anger;
my frame aches because of my sin,
a burden beyond my strength.
-Psalm 38