http://zeuskronides.tumblr.com/post/726 ... -did-i-die
Ok I have some concerns over what happened here. As you can see I entered combat with a Wyvern at full health with a small amount of Greater stoneskin left. Even so I died after receiving just 53 points of damage on a character with 105 HP.
When I was sent to the Fugue instead of being healed the usual 105 I was only healed 29 HP.
What happened here? I cannot work out how I actually died. Is this a bug? What causes it?
How did I die here?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Kronides
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 am
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
How did I die here?
Mikal Damask - your mate from Westgate.
Darius Mane of the Triel Manes - Paladin of Torm
Aristides Te'Tnesfer
Darius Mane of the Triel Manes - Paladin of Torm
Aristides Te'Tnesfer
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
Re: How did I die here?
You died due to poison.
The wyverns attack with poison, which brings your constitution very low (even near zero).
You probably were poisoned in the attack, and when it dealt 53 points of damage, you had only 29 hp. So you died.

The wyverns attack with poison, which brings your constitution very low (even near zero).
You probably were poisoned in the attack, and when it dealt 53 points of damage, you had only 29 hp. So you died.
Go home and be a familly cat!
-
Considerate_
- Posts: 630
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am
Re: How did I die here?
Wyvern poisons secondary effect is death from what I've been told (haven't tested it myself though). Whether your HP is 10 or 10.000 you will die if you fail the second save.
I'm fairly certain this is brought up in one of the NPC dialogues as well, saying that it's rumoured a wyverns poison can kill in 60 sec.
Ways to avoid it:
- Potions of Neutralize poison
- Use a healkit to beat the DC of 20 and you'll neutralize the poison
- Have Deathward activated
- Have a high fortitude and the feat Steadfast Determination or it's epic counterpart, allowing you to beat the poison DC even on a 1.
There might be other ways as well, but those are the ones I can think of
I'm fairly certain this is brought up in one of the NPC dialogues as well, saying that it's rumoured a wyverns poison can kill in 60 sec.
Ways to avoid it:
- Potions of Neutralize poison
- Use a healkit to beat the DC of 20 and you'll neutralize the poison
- Have Deathward activated
- Have a high fortitude and the feat Steadfast Determination or it's epic counterpart, allowing you to beat the poison DC even on a 1.
There might be other ways as well, but those are the ones I can think of
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
-
flipside43
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 am
Re: How did I die here?
You rolled a one on a fort save vs poison, likely the con damage as mentioned above.
Luke Darius - Clansman of House Darius, Noble of Baldur's Gate
-
Ivan38Rus
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Re: How did I die here?
Not true, it is the further Constitution damage. Can't remember certain numbers but judging how default poisons in NWN2 were designed, I'd say the dice is higher than the initial one.Considerate_ wrote:Wyvern poisons secondary effect is death from what I've been told (haven't tested it myself though). Whether your HP is 10 or 10.000 you will die if you fail the second save.
-
kellendril
- Posts: 992
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 am
Re: How did I die here?
I died the same way there once. I lost all my CON and *poof*
Eowiel Le'liana - Formerly Respected Councilor/Citizen of Doron Amar, now Disrespected Free Agent
Merry Angalagaleil - Strongheart Halfling Sacred Fist
Merry Angalagaleil - Strongheart Halfling Sacred Fist