Made the FAI Temple
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Atlas
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
-
-
Last edited by Atlas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
I have the NPC just about ready, but I will not be doing the dialog scripting myself. This playerworld uses a custom death script.Atlas wrote:Will you be making the actual Gellana Mirrorshade NPC as well, and giving her dialogue options?
-
Atlas
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
-
-
Last edited by Atlas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
I added some Kemo Chairs and put in the NPC. I submitted it for further work. The dialogs, way points, and additional scripts will need to be configured.



Its not much, but I hope some of you will be pleased.



Its not much, but I hope some of you will be pleased.
-
TheKai
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
- Location: Paradise
-
Silver_Lining
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 pm
Re: Made the FAI Temple
If this is the temple that's in the FA just before the dwarven merchant to the right of the Inn.. I think I should mention that there is a dwarven follower of Ilmater PC that's been collecting funds in front of the FA with a tent and sign for some time as best I'm aware, in hopes of building an annex temple of Ilmater at that temple. Maybe if you/we whoever, can get the name of that player/pc, communication between those building and the pc hoping to build would be a good idea? If for nothing else , to at least save hurt feelings or confusion. 
Retired Player
-
Lockonnow
- Posts: 3121
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Re: Made the FAI Temple
well how about a altar in the temple and how about some Kemo chairs and some benches
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
I have the area now to attempt to finish it. Lore links such as this would be much appreciated and speed up the process.Atlas wrote:Do you know if she will have some good lore related dialogue then? Like information about Garl Glittergold and the temple and such. Something that would be really cool is if someone dug up what she says in Baldur's Gate 1 and they added that.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCE0LRtiec (at about 1:10 mark)Duster47 wrote:I have the area now to attempt to finish it. Lore links such as this would be much appreciated and speed up the process.Atlas wrote:Do you know if she will have some good lore related dialogue then? Like information about Garl Glittergold and the temple and such. Something that would be really cool is if someone dug up what she says in Baldur's Gate 1 and they added that.
Dialogue as follows:
Geliana Mirrorshade- For a bit o' respectful coin we can cure what ails thee, if you need.
PC options:
1. What sort of cures do you have available?
2. Thank you, but we've just come to take a look around.
Per aspera ad astra
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
So, that is the original BG that so many pine over. Never played it. Blasphemous, I know. Anyway, that temple is very sparse. It will certainly be more snazzy than that old 640x480 8-bit graphics from days long past.tfunke wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCE0LRtiec (at about 1:10 mark)Duster47 wrote:I have the area now to attempt to finish it. Lore links such as this would be much appreciated and speed up the process.Atlas wrote:Do you know if she will have some good lore related dialogue then? Like information about Garl Glittergold and the temple and such. Something that would be really cool is if someone dug up what she says in Baldur's Gate 1 and they added that.
Dialogue as follows:
Geliana Mirrorshade- For a bit o' respectful coin we can cure what ails thee, if you need.
PC options:
1. What sort of cures do you have available?
2. Thank you, but we've just come to take a look around.
Unfortunately, Volo's guide devotes a single short paragraph to the temple. This source does not describe temples for GG at all. If there is no more guidance, then I suppose I will indulge myself.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Made the FAI Temple
I believe in you Duster47 
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Made the FAI Temple
Sneak peak. I incorporated the purple shade on the walls from the original. I softened the colors more and use point-source lighting only. The area itself will share a corner on the FAI Inn interior. Galiana has a full dialog similar to those in the BG city temples.


I want to tinker more with the dialog then will submit it probably on Sunday.


I want to tinker more with the dialog then will submit it probably on Sunday.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
DM_Xzar
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1332
- Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 am
- Location: "Sword Coast Cartographers' Guild HQ"
Re: Made the FAI Temple
That is beautiful. I really like how the temple is turning out.
-
Nomster
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Re: Made the FAI Temple
Looks very nice from a character point of view! Will be looking forward to seeing this IG 
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Made the FAI Temple
I'll be damned, that really does look better after you tinkered with the lighting. The one thing though I did not like, is that the pillars touch the ceiling. From a top side view, it will look like they are jumping out of the tiles, but from the perspective you screen shot, they look exceptionally good. I am liking this better than my original, and you added some things to the walls. Did you tint the sofas to match the walls or is that the lighting?Duster47 wrote:Sneak peak. I incorporated the purple shade on the walls from the original. I softened the colors more and use point-source lighting only. The area itself will share a corner on the FAI Inn interior. Galiana has a full dialog similar to those in the BG city temples.
I want to tinker more with the dialog then will submit it probably on Sunday.