Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

gallimar
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am

Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by gallimar »

Im loooking to change a voice set for my char. The one I choose is really annoying. Is it an ingame thing?
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand

Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Not something we can fix ingame, unfortunately. The only solution is the RCR NPC.
User avatar
Planehopper
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by Planehopper »

I don't know how that mechanic works, but is there an adjustment for the frequency at which they fire on attack?

I think the majority of the "annoying" ones could be fixed by lessening the frequency at which they make their attack noises.
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Uhhhhh maybe. I know it's setup with random choices but I don't know if it's modifiable.

Would require a 2da change and would affect ALL voicesets most likely. Probably easier to just pick a new voiceset! ;)

I havn't had a voiceset in years mostly because I don't like the "Ha!" attack sounds. :roll: Luckily "None" is an option selectable.
User avatar
TheKai
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
Location: Paradise

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by TheKai »

I just mute the volume
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

I do that as well from time to time. :mrgreen:

Mostly because I feel compelled to listen to each and every epic music suggestion.

Some voicesets have actual text responses from things. Such as pained grunts, etc. Those, while I rarely hear them, still bother me when it comes from my character after they sustain zero damage from an attack but the voice-text still triggers. (stoneskin will forever be my favorite spell)
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by Nomster »

DM Narshe wrote:Not something we can fix ingame, unfortunately. The only solution is the RCR NPC.
A forum search came up with that Luna can change the voiceset.


http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32498
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
gallimar
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by gallimar »

I found a post where Luna mentions she can change the voice set - it may have to be done via .bic editing though?

maybe Luna can confirm?

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32498
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand

Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
User avatar
Moltrazahn
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:33 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by Moltrazahn »

I have a ranger whose voice made EVERY attack sound like a painful orgasm or something... It was horrible to listen to. Luna helped me, and changed the voice. Ask really nicely, and luna may do it for you as well :)
Za'than Za'amal(Elsewhere!)
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)

Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"

"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
gallimar
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?

Unread post by gallimar »

I have been contacted via pm by Luna. I will finish this request via messaging. Luna can indeed help.

FYI I will be sending a donation to the server for the trouble and the amazing work done by the team! Thanks again all!! xoxo
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand

Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938

Return to “Questions for DMs”