Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
gallimar
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am
Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
Im loooking to change a voice set for my char. The one I choose is really annoying. Is it an ingame thing?
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
Not something we can fix ingame, unfortunately. The only solution is the RCR NPC.
-
Planehopper
- Posts: 2297
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I don't know how that mechanic works, but is there an adjustment for the frequency at which they fire on attack?
I think the majority of the "annoying" ones could be fixed by lessening the frequency at which they make their attack noises.
I think the majority of the "annoying" ones could be fixed by lessening the frequency at which they make their attack noises.
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
Uhhhhh maybe. I know it's setup with random choices but I don't know if it's modifiable.
Would require a 2da change and would affect ALL voicesets most likely. Probably easier to just pick a new voiceset!
I havn't had a voiceset in years mostly because I don't like the "Ha!" attack sounds.
Luckily "None" is an option selectable.
Would require a 2da change and would affect ALL voicesets most likely. Probably easier to just pick a new voiceset!
I havn't had a voiceset in years mostly because I don't like the "Ha!" attack sounds.
-
TheKai
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
- Location: Paradise
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I just mute the volume
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I do that as well from time to time.
Mostly because I feel compelled to listen to each and every epic music suggestion.
Some voicesets have actual text responses from things. Such as pained grunts, etc. Those, while I rarely hear them, still bother me when it comes from my character after they sustain zero damage from an attack but the voice-text still triggers. (stoneskin will forever be my favorite spell)
Mostly because I feel compelled to listen to each and every epic music suggestion.
Some voicesets have actual text responses from things. Such as pained grunts, etc. Those, while I rarely hear them, still bother me when it comes from my character after they sustain zero damage from an attack but the voice-text still triggers. (stoneskin will forever be my favorite spell)
-
Nomster
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
A forum search came up with that Luna can change the voiceset.DM Narshe wrote:Not something we can fix ingame, unfortunately. The only solution is the RCR NPC.
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32498
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
-
gallimar
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I found a post where Luna mentions she can change the voice set - it may have to be done via .bic editing though?
maybe Luna can confirm?
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32498
maybe Luna can confirm?
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32498
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
-
Moltrazahn
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:33 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I have a ranger whose voice made EVERY attack sound like a painful orgasm or something... It was horrible to listen to. Luna helped me, and changed the voice. Ask really nicely, and luna may do it for you as well 
Za'than Za'amal(Elsewhere!)
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)
Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"
"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)
Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"
"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
-
gallimar
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am
Re: Can DM's change the sound set for my char in game?
I have been contacted via pm by Luna. I will finish this request via messaging. Luna can indeed help.
FYI I will be sending a donation to the server for the trouble and the amazing work done by the team! Thanks again all!! xoxo
FYI I will be sending a donation to the server for the trouble and the amazing work done by the team! Thanks again all!! xoxo
Qin - Snake Like Tiefling - Disciple of the Old Way
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938
Misunderstood, Confused, and Confusing
Monk of Shadowsss, Order of the Balanced Hand
Follow Qins new path here: Gin and the Ghost of Qin
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=47938