Cant log in

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

drafus
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Cant log in

Unread post by drafus »

hello I have been trying to Log in all Day and just assumed the servers were down. But I was told by a friend by Text that servers are up. Yet I am unable to log in and I don't know why.

In my Favorite servers Section BG is listed as Down I see only the IP addy. The Same for a couple of other servers. Yet I can still log in to a few other servers just fine.

In the Role play server section I can see BG and how many players are Playing and the usual Information. But if I try to log in I get Timed out every time. My Internet seems to be working Fine I have been able to play other Games. I can even log into SOME other severs. But BG and several other servers are refusing me.

I have no idea what the issue is. Can anyone send a PM or Message me here with any Tips or suggestions.

Mercury
Mercury Dreskia Commander of Trust and Daddy of Tessa Diedre Dreskia. Lover of Terri Lalani

Lexa Dreskia Former Apprentice of Azmodeth.
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Maecius »

Have you tried to Direct Connect to the server using the IP posted at the top of the forum website?

If you're not using the latest client extender, the old Gamespy-style server list will not populate.
Layla0340
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Layla0340 »

Maecius wrote:Have you tried to Direct Connect to the server using the IP posted at the top of the forum website?

If you're not using the latest client extender, the old Gamespy-style server list will not populate.
He did try direct connect.

He is able to connect to Haven.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
drafus
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by drafus »

I tried to log in using the Direct Conection and I checked the IP addy was correct. It still times out every time.
Mercury Dreskia Commander of Trust and Daddy of Tessa Diedre Dreskia. Lover of Terri Lalani

Lexa Dreskia Former Apprentice of Azmodeth.
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Sometimes regions seem to lose ability to connect. I'm not sure why, ISP troubles would be my guess.

We once had most of Europe unable to connect for 5-6 hours.

This eventually worked itself out though. Just took time.
drafus
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by drafus »

it has been atleast 5 or 6 Hours. I will continue to Wait if there is no other Options I can try that you can Think of.
Mercury Dreskia Commander of Trust and Daddy of Tessa Diedre Dreskia. Lover of Terri Lalani

Lexa Dreskia Former Apprentice of Azmodeth.
User avatar
Hidennka
Retired Staff
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Hidennka »

Have you tried restarting the game and/or your PC? I know sometimes after an update I need to shut down the program and relaunch it, otherwise it times out continuously.
[x] Lady Cecilia Lafayette: Harbinger of Hope, returned to Cormyr. RETIRED.
[x] Leyla El'uvian- Feral elf, abandoned society for a loving den in the woods. Alt. RETIRED.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Passiflora »

Reboot your modem.
Go home and be a familly cat!
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Maecius »

You could try to shut down your computer and your Internet connection (modem) for a few minutes. Then try to come back and try it again later?

It might just need to reset your connection full stop.

I'm not a telecommunications guru though.

I can at least tell you that you weren't banned or anything. Once you're able to ping the server properly and connect, you should be able to get in-game without issue.
drafus
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by drafus »

I have turned off the game...as well as re started my Computer and I have restarted the Modem. None of the 3 Fixed the Issue.

But I apreaciate all the suggestions and help :)
Mercury Dreskia Commander of Trust and Daddy of Tessa Diedre Dreskia. Lover of Terri Lalani

Lexa Dreskia Former Apprentice of Azmodeth.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Passiflora »

Swap to Videotron. :D
Go home and be a familly cat!
Layla0340
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am

Re: Cant log in

Unread post by Layla0340 »

Passiflora wrote:Swap to Videotron. :D
French speaking heresy ... *wink*
Sani - Mistress of Wands

Return to “Questions for DMs”