Custom Armor design question

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

arakes99
Retired Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Custom Armor design question

Unread post by arakes99 »

I have made a fair amount of custom armor in the past, I even have a few designs in the appearance changer. I am currently trying to make my own take on the armor below but I cannot find the chest piece in the toolset when I edit my BGTSCC Jeg's module.

Would I be able to see it in the Area Design module? If so can someone PM me a link to the module and maybe give me a hint as to the armor type/number its kept under?

Image
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by Luna »

Just apply all the BG haks for the jegs module you have.

File -> Module -> Properties.

The hak list should show up in the properties window.
arakes99
Retired Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by arakes99 »

You have so much more faith in my ability to make sense of that toolset then I do Luna, but I will try it and report back :)
stevebarracuda
Recognized Donor
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:25 am
Location: The itchy, scratchy recesses of your mind.

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by stevebarracuda »

Open the Toolset.

Open the JEGs .mod file. It'll take a few minutes to load.

To check the .hak files loaded, go View (pull-down) --> Module Properties. In the Module Properties window (usually on the upper right of the app, click the Properties tab, then look down about 4 lines to the Hak Paks row. Click on the button on the right of the list in the second column, and you'll get access to the Collection, where you can manually add .haks. Check the list, then add what you're missing.

I had to do this myself recently, so it's fresh in my mind. ;)
As J.G. Ballard has said, "It's a mistake to hold back and refuse to accept one's own nature."
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by Duster47 »

All of the BG haks are conveniently labled "bg_<otherstuff>.hak" and will be located in your MyDocs/NWN/HAKs folder (or similar path). Be sure to put the BG_SOZ_TOOLS.HAK at the top of the list in the little window within the Toolset. This contains the index files used by all of the other HAKs to find files. There are maybe 30 of them now. :?
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
arakes99
Retired Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by arakes99 »

I thought I had them all but I never did find that appearance. It's okay though as I ended up going another direction and using one of the other custom models and have finished my design.

I think I probably hard the HAK's added in the wrong order or must be missing one in particular that is required for the armor I was looking at. If I ever get it working I think I will make some more styles for that chest piece for the App Changer though. There is only three choices currently available and it's something a lot of people seem to like.
User avatar
Coreska
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Custom Armor design question

Unread post by Coreska »

There are plenty of haks from bg that aren't in the test module's library, there are at least five I added from BG and was able to find the skin you wanted under fullplate.
Karos Kerrigan - Animal Lover, Book Reader, Definitely Not A Warlock
Baelather Konian - Elf Dad of Elf Dad

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”