Dragon Warrior vs. Dragon Disciple

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

PJtheFey
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 am
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Dragon Warrior vs. Dragon Disciple

Unread post by PJtheFey »

Hello!

After reading up on the Dragon Warrior PrC I see that it says in the prerequisites that characters can not have any levels of the Dragon Disciple PrC, however I don't see Dragon Disciple on the list of classes to choose from when I scroll through the class choices. Is this something that can be unlocked by a DM? I was planning/hoping for/looking forward to the chance to RP going through the changes and embracing the class, but based on what I see within the client it's not available.

Can you clarify? Thanks!
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Dragon Warrior vs. Dragon Disciple

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Some of the text from classes was just copied over from other sources.

Dragon Disciple isn't enabled on our server.
PJtheFey
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 am
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Re: Dragon Warrior vs. Dragon Disciple

Unread post by PJtheFey »

Does the elemental damage bonus at later levels of the class get applied to gloves/unarmed strikes?
User avatar
Hoihe
Posts: 4719
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: Dragon Warrior vs. Dragon Disciple

Unread post by Hoihe »

Yes!

It gets applied to everything. Instead of being applied to your weapon, it simply gets added as second-thought to your damage rolls. It cannot crit, though, AFAIR (it was more than a year since I last played a Dragon Warrior. Did play one since 2011 tho)

It also pierces immunities. I think that is a bug, but I am not sure.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.

Return to “Questions for DMs”