Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

PJtheFey
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 am
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?

Unread post by PJtheFey »

Hello!

I'm thinking about making a frost mage. Can you tell me if Piercing Cold is applied to the custom feat Winter's Blast? I ask because it says that the Archmage cold spells don't work with Piercing Cold.

Thanks!
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

- Piercing Cold: At 10th level, the frost mage gains the Piercing Cold ability. This allows a frost mage to ignore any cold resistance or immunity with his cold spells. Affected Spells: Burst of Glacial Wrath, Cone of Cold, Creeping Cold, Greater Creeping Cold, Hypothermia, Ice Storm, Lesser Orb of Cold, Orb of Cold, Polar Ray, Ray of Frost, Frost Breath

I don't think it applies.

Frostmages are still extremely powerful though. A lot can be done with huge bursts of damage.

Particularly the Orb spells are quite handy. I've seen some pretty devastating frostmages manage their spells very efficiently.
User avatar
Bad Omens
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?

Unread post by Bad Omens »

Then does Hellrim Blast from Warlocks?

Return to “Questions for DMs”