Hello!
I'm thinking about making a frost mage. Can you tell me if Piercing Cold is applied to the custom feat Winter's Blast? I ask because it says that the Archmage cold spells don't work with Piercing Cold.
Thanks!
Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
PJtheFey
- Posts: 165
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 am
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?
- Piercing Cold: At 10th level, the frost mage gains the Piercing Cold ability. This allows a frost mage to ignore any cold resistance or immunity with his cold spells. Affected Spells: Burst of Glacial Wrath, Cone of Cold, Creeping Cold, Greater Creeping Cold, Hypothermia, Ice Storm, Lesser Orb of Cold, Orb of Cold, Polar Ray, Ray of Frost, Frost Breath
I don't think it applies.
Frostmages are still extremely powerful though. A lot can be done with huge bursts of damage.
Particularly the Orb spells are quite handy. I've seen some pretty devastating frostmages manage their spells very efficiently.
-
Bad Omens
- Posts: 326
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am
Re: Does Piercing Cold apply to Winter's Blast?
Then does Hellrim Blast from Warlocks?