Hey, I l'm planning on making a new character and I have an idea and I read somewhere on here that you occasionally will allow a PC to have a non playable race/Appearance. I'd that information is correct, what would you require from me?
I like the idea of playing a kabold or something along those lines.
I'm sorry if there's a thread on this. Thanks.
Custom Appearances for races/PC's
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Nocturnus
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:16 pm
Custom Appearances for races/PC's
U'rrebril' Half-drow priest of Ghaunadaur, from Llurth Dreier(Banished from the Underdark, stuck on the surface)
Amal' De'tyl- Warlock/Crusader of Ghaunadaur, recent arrival to Sshamath
Vorn M'lezziir- Drow Hellfire Warlock, in the Sshamath School of Invocation and Evocation
Amal' De'tyl- Warlock/Crusader of Ghaunadaur, recent arrival to Sshamath
Vorn M'lezziir- Drow Hellfire Warlock, in the Sshamath School of Invocation and Evocation
-
tankteddy
- Posts: 442
- Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 am
- Location: NV-USA
Re: Custom Appearances for races/PC's
This is typically not done because of conflict between players when you play a monster race, much like grey orc.
However, I could see someone perhaps asking for a kobold if perhaps you are an UD toon. Ex slave maybe.
This would require a well planned out back story and perhaps some well played plot hooks for DM to work with.
Honestly I think it would be interesting but 9/10 will not happen.
However, I could see someone perhaps asking for a kobold if perhaps you are an UD toon. Ex slave maybe.
This would require a well planned out back story and perhaps some well played plot hooks for DM to work with.
Honestly I think it would be interesting but 9/10 will not happen.
Nevarra Stayanoga "A wolf will always be a wolf."
Thar Kogan "A har Thar!"
Theodar Battleforge: "Oi! What dis do?" *BOOM*
Thar Kogan "A har Thar!"
Theodar Battleforge: "Oi! What dis do?" *BOOM*
-
DM Ninox
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 am
Re: Custom Appearances for races/PC's
Short answer: any race that is unavailable upon character creation cannot be roleplayed in game unless, perhaps, you are using the new Disguise skill to emulate said race. This latter point may need further discussion amongst the team.General Server Rules wrote:"Play Your Sheet"
– You are required to play what is on your Character Sheet. For example, no role-playing of another Race if it does not appear on your Character Sheet. In-character (IC) lying and misinformation about your Character's skills, profession and morality is fair and acceptable, but Role-play which does not reflect the Abilities, Feats and Skills that exist on your Character Sheet, is not acceptable.
Resigned member of the DM team. PMs will not be answered.