Gnoll Creature Type?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Yawgnor
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Coatesville, PA

Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by Yawgnor »

I'm trying to add racial type (gnoll) damage to a weapon. What would it be listed under? I'm fairly certain that I've checked under every option, but cannot find gnoll.
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
User avatar
Darradarljod
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by Darradarljod »

Should be goblinoid.
sobebop
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by sobebop »

nwn2 wiki has them listed as humanoid, but i am not certain myself.

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Gnoll
Azmodeth wrote:we have insane amounts of dm love
Gustov Windsong - Known windsoul master crossbow sniper, and wizard of some power - Bio
Yawgnor
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by Yawgnor »

That as I found as well. But in the toolset, there is no (exactly spelled) humaniod under Attack Bonus vs. Racial Group. Is the human category the same, NWN2-wise?

And while I'm at it, what's the difference between Attack Bonus vs Racial Group and Damage bonus vs. Racial Type?
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by tfunke »

I had the toolset open when I read this, so I took a look.
Funnily enough, the sub-race given to the gnoll spawns is 'human', which probably doesn't help you much.
Per aspera ad astra
DM Nilbog
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by DM Nilbog »

Try monstrous humanoid
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by tfunke »

DM Nilbog wrote:Try monstrous humanoid
Won't translate to work on the gnolls, sadly. There's a subrace for monstrous humanoids already and the gnolls aren't that.
Per aspera ad astra
Yawgnor
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by Yawgnor »

I'm thinking that gnolls may have simply lucked out when it comes to attack or damage bonuses against them.
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
User avatar
Thorsson
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by Thorsson »

I presume that also applies to the Flinds then.

P.S. They should definitely be humanoids.
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Gnoll Creature Type?

Unread post by tfunke »

Thorsson wrote:I presume that also applies to the Flinds then.

P.S. They should definitely be humanoids.
Actually there is no just 'humanoid' subrace, but the flinds I did when i did Uldoon Trail. They are goblinoid.
Per aspera ad astra

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”