Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Hi, I have two questions. One is that I cant get my walk mesh to match the mesh in the toolkit. I keep having non-walk area's. The second is when I try to click on a rock, I click on the tree above the rock. how do I pick the right object

thank you
User avatar
Aspect of Sorrow
Custom Content
Posts: 2699
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Reliquary

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

1. A little confused by the description, the area needs baked for walkmesh support.

2. Enumerate your selector options at the top left of the toolset.
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Matherhorn »

thanks for the reply

Yes I always Bake area's before I launch them. maybe an object is in the way?

And I cant find the enumerate button.

thanks
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Blackman D »

assuming its an item you placed, you can just click on the item in the items list and select it that way

the lower right hand side has all the item generators but on the lower left side it looks the same as the right side sorta, but its all the items and stuff you actually have placed in the module, so you can always find it that way
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Matherhorn »

cool works great, Thanks dude
User avatar
ThornsM
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by ThornsM »

Regarding your other issue; it is often the case that too many placeables in close formation will cause the baking to render areas of the mesh unwalkable.
You are using a lot of placeables, rather than environment objects with a walkmesh cutter?
User avatar
Stonebar
Retired Staff
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 am

Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object

Unread post by Stonebar »

Find the part of your bar with the selectable options. Then pick trees. This will keep those pesky trees from getting in the way when selecting other things below it. Extremely useful in a wooded area I can tell you.

Do you use the terrain "walkable" option? Often altering a terrain will make patches become not walkable automatically, until changed again.
Revenark Stonehold Kingswarden of Stonebar. Despite the weight of his vows he will never allow himself to fail his responsibility to family regardless of personal cost[/strike]

Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”