Hi, I have two questions. One is that I cant get my walk mesh to match the mesh in the toolkit. I keep having non-walk area's. The second is when I try to click on a rock, I click on the tree above the rock. how do I pick the right object
thank you
Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Aspect of Sorrow
- Custom Content
- Posts: 2699
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm
- Location: Reliquary
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
1. A little confused by the description, the area needs baked for walkmesh support.
2. Enumerate your selector options at the top left of the toolset.
2. Enumerate your selector options at the top left of the toolset.
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
thanks for the reply
Yes I always Bake area's before I launch them. maybe an object is in the way?
And I cant find the enumerate button.
thanks
Yes I always Bake area's before I launch them. maybe an object is in the way?
And I cant find the enumerate button.
thanks
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
assuming its an item you placed, you can just click on the item in the items list and select it that way
the lower right hand side has all the item generators but on the lower left side it looks the same as the right side sorta, but its all the items and stuff you actually have placed in the module, so you can always find it that way
the lower right hand side has all the item generators but on the lower left side it looks the same as the right side sorta, but its all the items and stuff you actually have placed in the module, so you can always find it that way
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
cool works great, Thanks dude
-
ThornsM
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
Regarding your other issue; it is often the case that too many placeables in close formation will cause the baking to render areas of the mesh unwalkable.
You are using a lot of placeables, rather than environment objects with a walkmesh cutter?
You are using a lot of placeables, rather than environment objects with a walkmesh cutter?
-
Stonebar
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 938
- Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 am
Re: Walk Mesh and clicking behind an object
Find the part of your bar with the selectable options. Then pick trees. This will keep those pesky trees from getting in the way when selecting other things below it. Extremely useful in a wooded area I can tell you.
Do you use the terrain "walkable" option? Often altering a terrain will make patches become not walkable automatically, until changed again.
Do you use the terrain "walkable" option? Often altering a terrain will make patches become not walkable automatically, until changed again.
Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar