How to change -home folder in EE ?

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

MagicianBooking
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 15, 2022 2:12 pm

How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by MagicianBooking »

Hi ! i tried with GOG icon, i tried with argument in GOG, not worked.. is it possible ? ps: i got GOAT.
User avatar
DM Mirror
Associate DM
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2025 5:19 pm
Location: On the Wall

Re: How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by DM Mirror »

Should work, I'm using GOG version both EE and complete, parallel.
Just set the parameters on a shortcut of the exe of the game, not the GOG icon.
You don't need the GOG client to start the game or play. Unlike steam.
I'll check when back home how I did it exactly, but should be like mentioned.
Mirror Mirror on the wall , who's the meanest of them all ...
MagicianBooking
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Re: How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by MagicianBooking »

DM Mirror wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:06 am Should work, I'm using GOG version both EE and complete, parallel.
Just set the parameters on a shortcut of the exe of the game, not the GOG icon.
You don't need the GOG client to start the game or play. Unlike steam.
I'll check when back home how I did it exactly, but should be like mentioned.
hi again Mirror :
Same..... NWN2 Boxed+all ext, GOG Complete, GoG EE. i use my boxed CDkeys lol, i'm long time BGTSCC (casual) player probably from begans... like when BG city was better at place with the pub/tavern-terrace & shops... just an opinion.. :)

i tried again :

"G:\GOG Games\NWN2 Enhanced Edition\nwn2.exe" -home "C:\Users\...user\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2 PC" on desktop shortcut...

tried this too :

Image

doesn't change anything atm... :-s

it works there ? not here...

...

on COMPLETE+CE i share same 1600x900 folder in pCloud both desktop PC & Rog Ally console in bed... works normally.
but not with EE+GOAT.

i would like 4K on PC & 1600x900 on ROG Ally Console, to save some storage space on both.

EDIT: FOUND ISSUE ! let me test again, i'll double post to give news... (it's pCloud sync i done bad.. files deleted..), BRB !
MagicianBooking
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Re: How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by MagicianBooking »

i'll report when possible... PC pbs actually sry. (26H2 update lol...)

trying fixing in time...

my next stream story/bgtscc name will be :

"mage disaster CLASS" :0))))
User avatar
DM Mirror
Associate DM
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2025 5:19 pm
Location: On the Wall

Re: How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by DM Mirror »

Does it work now?

I renamed my Complete nwn2 folder to "Neverwinter Nights 2 old" and set the -home in client extender shortcut.
Than I let EE create it's own folder of "Neverwinter Nights 2" and copied the server files in there.

This worked fine for me. Should be possible to change -home for EE too.
Mirror Mirror on the wall , who's the meanest of them all ...
tjhyland
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:20 am
Location: Metropolitan Chicago, IL

Re: How to change -home folder in EE ?

Unread post by tjhyland »

Remember there are 2 folder locations and both games share the same Documennt location. I myself don't see any reason for the Home feature. I can use other servers and the same loging with now trouble.

Return to “General Discussion”