Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by Simian »

Apparently I do not loose my constitution AC when holding on to a shield.

Am I abusing a bug?
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by 7threalm »

I feel that this falls along the line of sacred fist using light armor...unless your captain America and you have all the shield bash feats, I suggest against it
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by Maecius »

We'll have QC look at this.

It says you have to be unarmored, not un-... shielded? I'll leave it to the QCers to determine whether a shield qualifies as armor for the purposes of this and other class features.

It feels like it should, since the whole purpose of the class is to be a bare-handed fighter, but we'll see how they rule on it.
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by 7threalm »

if you have monk levels, yes

if no monk levels i think that is debatable

http://dndtools.eu/classes/fist-of-the-forest/

from pnp

AC Bonus (Ex): While unarmored, you gain a bonus to your Armor Class equal to your Constitution bonus (if any). See the monk class feature (PH40).
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by Maecius »

Luna put in a fix. Once the fix goes in, you will no longer keep the AC bonus while using a shield.
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: Fist of the Forest AC and the use of Shields

Unread post by Simian »

Kromvar is sad... :cry:

But on the bright side, selling bargain +3 heavy and tower shields. :D
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

Return to “Questions for DMs”