Toolset autosave location

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Ghost
DM
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Toolset autosave location

Unread post by Ghost »

Hello, Developers!

I'm messing around with the toolset creating NPCs and items. I have it set to autosave every 5 minutes, which it does. But my toolset just crashed and I wanted to find the autosave. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere and google isn't really helping me.

Where can I find the autosaves? Or am I doing something wrong?

While we're at it, where do I set appearance size and size modifier on NPCs?
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Toolset autosave location

Unread post by Cubicle »

I believe it's best to remove the autosave feature altogether. I learned pretty early that autosaving does unpredictable things, like crashing my game for example. Click on View, then General, then set Autosave to false.

When it autosaves, your file should be overwriting itself. Either perform a search for your files name, or go into your user->documents->neverwinter nights 2->modules folder. Check there, that's where mine go. I create multiple saves of my files and I save often, just incase.

Also, if you're trying to change/see the size of your npc, click on the NPC, then click properties. If you're stuck on a screen showing your NPC's armor, navigate left using the small arrows on the tab over the window until you reach properties. There you will see the Scale of the NPC (1,1,1 - most likely). Try dropping the NPC on an area first, then change his size (unless you're trying to create/export an NPC, then that'd be a different story.)
User avatar
Ghost
DM
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Toolset autosave location

Unread post by Ghost »

Then it doesn't seem to be saving. I tried reopening the module, but the items and NPCs I made weren't on the list anymore. Guess manual saving is a better idea, then.

Thank you!
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Toolset autosave location

Unread post by Duster47 »

They should label that the auto-crash tool, so turn it off.

Save your work as a Directory, not a Module. Directories are more stable and far easier to import files in and out outside of the Toolset since it is a folder of files.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”