Switching Door Hook Point

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Yawgnor
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Coatesville, PA

Switching Door Hook Point

Unread post by Yawgnor »

How do I switch the side a door opens from?

From the exterior, for example, the door opens from the right, facing the door. So from the interior, the door needs to open from the left, as facing the door.

Also need the doors to open the same direction. From the exterior, again for example, the door opens into the house. And therefore the door, from the interior, should open into the house as well.

All just like in RL. But I cannot figure out how to do it.
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Switching Door Hook Point

Unread post by Duster47 »

Hook points can be really annoying sometimes. You can click on the door and drag L or R and sometimes it will flip the hinged side.

Sometimes I resort to rotating it 180-deg then nudging it over using the arrow keys.

As for opening toward/away from the PC, I am not sure you can set that as a door property. I know for double-doors, I will just flip them 180-deg if the default opening direction is not what I want. This may be one of those things for single doors you need to subdue your OCD and leave it be.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Yawgnor
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: Switching Door Hook Point

Unread post by Yawgnor »

Thank you.
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”