Weapon stances -- Can they be changed?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Wandering_Woodsman
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:34 pm
Location: The Phoenix Company Forge

Weapon stances -- Can they be changed?

Unread post by Wandering_Woodsman »

Greetings everyone. Bit of an odd question here.

My character uses a halberd, and as such, when he stands idle, the halberd is held in both hands in front of him, parallel to the ground. When he walks, the halberd is held in that same fashion.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change, or otherwise modify the stances of both standing idle and moving so that the halberd is held over the shoulder?

If this is possible now, fantastic! How can I do it?

If not, is it possible at all to allow it?
"Now see, that's good information there. For a second, I thought you'd just met a chicken god."

Toman Ironarm
- Blacksmith of the Phoenix Company

You know, only on the Coast would that have needed to be said. :?
User avatar
Glowfire
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Weapon stances -- Can they be changed?

Unread post by Glowfire »

I recall that when the female weapon walking animation (resting on shoulder) was added to males, it had to be done entirely from scratch as there was no way to actually edit existing animations.

In other words, it might be a lot of work.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
User avatar
Aspect of Sorrow
Custom Content
Posts: 2699
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Reliquary

Re: Weapon stances -- Can they be changed?

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

GR2 animation conversions are being developed by a few others in the NWN2 community, and have gotten pretty far with it. I expect an explosion of animations are going to be coming soon.
User avatar
Babuguuscooties
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: Weapon stances -- Can they be changed?

Unread post by Babuguuscooties »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:GR2 animation conversions are being developed by a few others in the NWN2 community, and have gotten pretty far with it. I expect an explosion of animations are going to be coming soon.

Can't wait.
I play Nedrin <3

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”