Item appearance edit in toolset

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

This is not all the way correct. DMs CANNOT add feats to items IG using DM client. That and I think spellslots and special properties like Keen must be added in toolset.
If you know how to do it in toolset, then add the properties of the item you will be trading for. Otherwise let me know in the PM what the properties are.
example: Swashbucklers chain shirt of speed has +3 AC AND swiftness feat. DM can add the +3 IG but NOT the feat. I need to know that when you send the erf.

As Void would say "Keep It Stupidly Simple" KISS.

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ADD PROPERTIES TO THE ITEM, DO IT.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, JUST TELL ME WHAT THE PROPERTIES SHOULD BE WHEN YOU SEND ME THE ERF.

EDIT: Then make a small donation to the server via PayPal here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... 0815cf7df7

Ok, donations to the server are not REQUIRED but it would be nice of you. :)
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Oooo sorry my bad. Will do then :)
DM Galadriel wrote:This is not all the way correct. DMs CANNOT add feats to items IG using DM client. That and I think spellslots and special properties like Keen must be added in toolset.
If you know how to do it in toolset, then add the properties of the item you will be trading for. Otherwise let me know in the PM what the properties are.
example: Swashbucklers chain shirt of speed has +3 AC AND swiftness feat. DM can add the +3 IG but NOT the feat. I need to know that when you send the erf.

As Void would say "Keep It Stupidly Simple" KISS.

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ADD PROPERTIES TO THE ITEM, DO IT.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, JUST TELL ME WHAT THE PROPERTIES SHOULD BE WHEN YOU SEND ME THE ERF.

EDIT: Then make a small donation to the server via PayPal here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... 0815cf7df7

Ok, donations to the server are not REQUIRED but it would be nice of you. :)
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Cristof
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:17 am
Location: Illinois (GMT -5 with DST)

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Cristof »

DM Galadriel wrote:I've recently had requests for custom shield appearances and I swear I had a plugin that allowed full appearance customization but can't find it now. Does anyone have this? Point me in right direction.
I have been looking for something to help color some sections of armor and clothing that don't seem to be tintable now. I am having such a hard time trying to customize armor and gave up on it before. If anyone has a solution, please post it. Thanks.
Tildon - Blade of Waterdeep and Serendipitous Minstrel
Dylan of the Second Wave
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Duster47 »

Cristof wrote:
DM Galadriel wrote:I've recently had requests for custom shield appearances and I swear I had a plugin that allowed full appearance customization but can't find it now. Does anyone have this? Point me in right direction.
I have been looking for something to help color some sections of armor and clothing that don't seem to be tintable now. I am having such a hard time trying to customize armor and gave up on it before. If anyone has a solution, please post it. Thanks.
Items can only be tinted as governed by the item's "tint" file. No amount of Toolset frustrations can overcome this. The *dds or *tga file must be altered to remap what areas on an item are tintable or not.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Eden »

I haven't understand a thing: if I create a new appearance for my full plate, could it be added to the appearance changer so, if I'm tired of it, I can change it again without DMs? Thank you for your answers.
Remember them all it's just a game.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Luna »

Eden wrote:I haven't understand a thing: if I create a new appearance for my full plate, could it be added to the appearance changer so, if I'm tired of it, I can change it again without DMs? Thank you for your answers.
You should be able to. Send me the armor.
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Eden »

another little question: I have seen that in my toolset there are just sme of the basic appearance of fullplates I see in game. Does BGTSCC use any newer hak for those appearances? I'm referring to the fullplates appearances.
If yes, where I do find the files and the file that allow me to see these new appearances in the list and visualize them properly?
Thanks


Edit:
Other two little things.

1) Is there a way to let the fullplate leg appearances even if you will wear boots? I tried to modify boots as well, but they cannot get the fullplate leg appearance.

2) When modifying items to add them to the appearance changer, which basic item should I choose? Just a plain one from which you will take the appearance or, even if I modified a particular cloak (let's say, a Greycloak) you can add it to the appearance changer without problems?

Thanks and sorry for bothering you all.
Remember them all it's just a game.
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

Eden wrote:another little question: I have seen that in my toolset there are just sme of the basic appearance of fullplates I see in game. Does BGTSCC use any newer hak for those appearances? I'm referring to the fullplates appearances.
If yes, where I do find the files and the file that allow me to see these new appearances in the list and visualize them properly?
If you use jegs trainer as a base mod to do your editing you're using all the appearance that are IG.
Keep in mind some don't work on certain races/genders.
Eden wrote: Other two little things.

1) Is there a way to let the fullplate leg appearances even if you will wear boots? I tried to modify boots as well, but they cannot get the fullplate leg appearance.
I believe if you add boots to the actual armor appearance it will override boots worn. Might have to put boots on first then armor IG.
Eden wrote: 2) When modifying items to add them to the appearance changer, which basic item should I choose? Just a plain one from which you will take the appearance or, even if I modified a particular cloak (let's say, a Greycloak) you can add it to the appearance changer without problems?
I don't think this matters. Luna is god here. :)
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by Eden »

Thanks for answering. Just a slight OT: Jeg's module contains all the new placeables and tiles as well, so if I want to try mapping it contains all the custom content? Thanks
Remember them all it's just a game.
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Item appearance edit in toolset

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

Nooooo. Jegs contains all item appearances . Not sure about placeables. I haven't looked at the haks synched to Jegs in a long time and its been updated a few since then.
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”